Sunday, November 14, 2010

What would Hodgins have done?

Bugs gross me out. I don't know what it is, exactly that bothers me about them, but they really freak me out. Maybe it's their weird little limbs that move so fast. I don't know - I just know that I don't like having to deal with them.

A little while ago I found one upside down by my bathroom door. This episode made me furious, scared, and sad. Fear was my initial reaction for obvious reasons. I was (am) furious because after all the efforts the apartment complex made us put forth in order to exterminate all those bugs - there it was laying there, antennae stretched out to me. I, of course, had the boyfriend get rid of it. But before he came to dispose of the thing, I watched it laying there on it's back for a few seconds. Then I was sad.

It was dying.

I wondered where it came from. At first I thought I'd scope out where it came from to investigate a possible nest, or whatever those bug lairs are called. But now I am actually wondering; where did it come from? It was a rather large bug, so it must have had a long life, relative to bug standards anyway. How did it survive all the sprays and powders that were supposed to kill them all? Was it the last one? (Please let it be!)

And, what was it thinking, laying there on it's back, knowing it was about to die? It must have known.

Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment