Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Bday, OC! This one's for you, cherie!

It's that time of year again! Yes, yes, it is! Time for Harry Potter!

I just reread The Deathly Hallows and cannot wait for it. Simply cannot wait. AND I cannot believe how the writing amazes me every time I pick up one of the books. When I think of all those people who were, like, clinically depressed or whatever after watching Avatar and "couldn't go on" because Pandora didn't really exist - I say, "have you even heard about Hogwarts?"

Seriously, though. If you're gonna be all upset that a world may or may not exist, it better involve castles, pictures that move, house-elves named Dobby, Quidditch, and wandlore! Furthermore, what's the deal with Harry? Why does he use Expelliarmus and ONLY Expelliarmus? If I was a witch/wizard and my life was continuously threatened I would most definitely pick up a book and learn all the effing spells I could muster. Ya ain't gonna see me stumbling around yelling, "Expelliarmus!" as my only defense! I mean, Hagrid could do that! No wonder his wand took over at some point!

Okay. I got that (mostly) out of my system.

On to a new subject: Tomorrow is my sister's bday! So...Happy Bday, @ocie7up! OC has been a survivor of the Seattle streets for one whole month! She's been living off of coffee beans and a pink luggage bag full of dreams! She's a real-life adventurer and I hope she has some fun tomorrow. (Don't worry...she hasn't really been on "the streets." Not really.)

I say again, "Happy Bday, OC! This one's for you, cherie!"

3 comments:

  1. AUUUUUGH! Super CUTE! Thanks Bon, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yer welcome, cherie! love you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P/S: I hated it that Harry only used that one spell. I was like, "OMG HARRY. You have access to the greatest collection of magical "books" and spells but you choose only to use one? And work on that aim of yours!"

    Seriously, IF I WAS A WIZARD. I've give it to Harry Potter and show him who is boss (and who reads and actually does his homework without complaining. I've give anything to be in a potions class!)

    ReplyDelete